About Our Curriculum Matters

This blog is presented by Amy Demarest, a curriculum coach who works mostly in northern Vermont.

Amy teaches at the graduate level–often working with teachers to design standards-based curriculum and assessment. Her passion is place-based education–a practice that describes ways that teachers engage the local environment to enrich learning, deepen content acquisition and strengthen understanding of local places. And when it starts to hum  — the authentic work that students do with others makes their community a better place for all people to live.

Visit our website at www.ourcurriculummatters.com/

3 thoughts on “About Our Curriculum Matters

1. Hello, I am trying to locate your “Connecting Students to their Home Place: A Handbook for Designing Place-based Curriculum.” I teach at a place-based charter school and haven’t been able to locate it. Thanks.

1. Hi Jarrod- I think I replied to this message through another route a while back. FYI: Routledge is publishing my book titled PLACE-BASED CURRICULUM DESIGN: EXCEEDING THE STANDARDS THROUGH LOCAL INVESTIGATIONS this fall—it is what has happened in my work since Amy Powers and I worked on the booklet you were looking for. Keep in touch and best wishes on your work!

Amy Demarest